Do you know what’s in this season? Like clothes and accessories, perfumery also has trends, and fashionable smells mimic the creations launched by big perfume houses. Eurofragance has set about studying what has been popular in 2018 and what’s on the horizon. Here’s a summary of ingredients and combinations about to be launched in the market. In addition, our team of perfumers, inspired by the latest trends, has created a set of unique, original fragrances in line with these fashions. This first instalment gives an overview of trends for women, from the freshest to the most sensual. Stick with us and discover how your skin will smell!
Women’s Fragrances – from green paradise to the warm chocolate
- Fresh summer fragrances with green and herbal notes are still in vogue. We have observed that well-known brands are using essence of green rose, fig leaves and bitter orange to create chords that add a touch of unique sophistication. Eurofragance has gone further, and joined the green revolution further by using rare ingredients like rhubarb, green tangerine, violet…
- At the same time, fruity combinations that remind us that tropical fruits are in fashion. These lush and warm scents are created with ingredients like mango, tamarind and passion fruit, that transport us to a state of eternal summer. Custard apple, guava and starfruit are part of the same trend but are more daring and mischievous.
- This summer season has also revealed an evolution toward sweeter, headier destinations. Successful scents are a combination of fruity notes and tropical florals like hibiscus, ylang-ylang, the flower of paradise… Do you dare to leave a mark?
- Delicate tones can also be found in floral fragrances, which we have classified into two very different groups. Some flowers, such as peony, magnolia and lily can be used to create fun and spontaneous mixtures with red fruits or essences of exotic woods to become an explosion of feminine delicacy when combined with the light aromas of fruits and flowers. Magic and delicacy in one inhalation!
- Soft, delicate velvety touches are added to transform chypres compositions into a dream of youth and sophistication. Gardenia and frangipani add white floral notes, which, when combined with the character of the patchouli and moss, give us younger, daring chypres perfumes.
- Sensuality is achieved by using deep sensual chords. Currently, we are seeing sandalwood, musk, vanilla and orris blended with sweet fruit and floral touches in fragrances that envelop us in their heady presence. Eurofragance is also using unique chords like toffee and caramel that go straight through the nose to the palate.
- And here’s a surprise… fragrances with nuances of toasted seeds. It is becoming increasingly common to see coffee, pure cocoa, vanilla pods, hazelnut, etc. used to create intense, long-lasting perfumes that envelop bold women in an air of mystery.
Fresh, sweet, sensual, sweeping… Women who make a statement, who know what they want. They want to be remembered and their perfume makes a lasting impression. Which trends do you go for?
Next time, it will be male trends, so don’t miss it!